SAFE AT HOME / SAFE AT WORK
Domestic violence is a workplace issue and the SDA can help. If you are experiencing domestic violence, it can affect your ability to work effectively and may also put yourself and your co-workers in danger in the workplace.
Is domestic or family violence affecting:
– your ability to get to work on time?
– your performance at work?
– your safety and/or safety of co-workers?
– your attendance at work?
– your ability to juggle work and family responsibilities?
How can the SDA help?
If you, or a family member you are supporting, are experiencing domestic violence and it is impacting on your work, the SDA can:
– help you gain information about and access your entitlements;
– assist you in negotiating flexible working arrangements;
– speak to management on your behalf about the impact of domestic violence at work;
– assist in developing a safety action plan with your employer if necessary
For assistance at work, contact the SDA on 8139 1000 or 1800 806 398
For expert support and advice, including counselling, call 1800 RESPECT (1800 737 732)