There are some basic rights to safe workplaces that every worker is entitled to:
Work in a safe and healthy environment, free from unreasonable hazards and risks.
Not to have your health and safety put at risk from work that is carried out.
- Be provided with safe systems of work
- Have your employer monitor your health and conditions at the workplace
- Be provided with facilities at work
- Be consulted on work health and safety issues that affect your work
- Refuse to perform work that you reasonable think would expose you to risk of immediate serious harm or serious injury.
- Workers have a right to be represented by an elected a Health and Safety Representative (HSR)
- Be represented by your HSR
- Have your HSR present at any interview between you and your employer or WHS Inspector
- Seek the help of a HSR to direct that unsafe work cease
- Change your HSR
SDA Work Health & Safety Policy